What Is Raw Food Diet?
A Raw food diet is composed of completely raw, uncooked and unprocessed whole grained, plant based food materials. It is also called as raw veganism or raw foodism. It is actually includes tremendous amount of raw vegetables, fresh fruits, legumes, whole grained sprouts, seeds and nuts and unpasteurized dairy products which are considered to be an extremely nutritious and healthy food for the body.
Raw Food Diet Weight Loss
Eating 100 percent raw food diet is the most easiest and significant way to lose excess fat from the body because eating low calorie food that are high in nutrients are capable of assimilating and keep the body clean from toxic substances. This diet mainly involves several kinds of raw vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds which are low fat contained than cooked food material that helps the person in shedding down the extra gained weight but also detoxifies and restores all the natural energy level of the body so they automatically helps in weight loss. These raw food are very easily digestible than cooked foods that allows the body to absorb all the present vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals, antioxidants which can controls the hunger and also feel satisfied.
Does Eating Raw Food Lead To Weight Loss
The idea of eating raw food is very simple and powerful weight loss program initially because of the absence of cooking oils, sugar, salt etc. Taking raw food diet is considered to be the healthiest and effective diet plan that keeps the weight under control and full of essential enzymes, water content, Carbohydrates, Potassium, Vitamins, Fats and some healthy anti-oxidants which are good for the healthy body. It also helps in digestion process, healing up and slimming down the excessive weight as compared to the cooked foods. But sustaining this diet for longer period of time is not advisable because it is not a complete balanced diet for the body and also lacks many of the essential nutrients which may lead to poor overall health. so, you can try some healthy and delicious high protein diet recipes
Raw Food Diet Benefits
The raw food diet is a diet plan that promotes the consumption of raw unprocessed food materials with no added preservatives and additives. The medical researchers confirms that the raw fruits and vegetables are helps in lowering the cholesterol levels, obesity, heart related problems, cancers and diabetes also. This raw food diet programs even helps in quick digestion process, strong immune system, extremely low in fat, clearing up the toxin substances, giving up more energy and also helps in maintaining the healthy body weight.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of A Raw Food Diet?
Raw food diet means the diet which is 75 percent dependent upon only raw food materials such as fresh vegetables, juicy fruits, sprouted legumes and some dairy products.
Some Pros Of Raw Food Diet
- The biggest advantage of eating raw food diet is weight loss management program.
- Raw food diet is considered to be the healthiest because it contains fresh products and also limits processed and pasteurized foods.
- This includes plenty of uncooked whole grains, vegetables and fruits which are rich is fiber, water soluble vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- It promotes live enzymes that are helpful in digestion process, better hydration, improves skin tone, lowers blood pressure, boost up the immune system and avoid several chronicle diseases.
- Eating raw food is the best way to reduce acidity in the body because most of the vegetables and fruits are alkalizing.
Some Cons Of Raw Food Diet
- The major disadvantage of eating raw food is that it is very difficult to sustain in long term.
- Raw food diet is not a complete balanced diet therefore lacks several kinds of essential nutrients that are important for the healthy body.
- Eating uncooked and dairy products enhances the risk of various infections.
- This diet contains very limited number of ingredients and raw foods are not really appetizing.
- It is nutritionally not safe for children, anemic person, pregnant women and old age people.
The Best Five Raw Food Diet Recipes
Here some best five highly effective raw food diet recipes are as given below:
Recipe 1. Seven Layered Salad
|For salad:||For Dressing:|
|1-2 roughly chopped romaine Lettuce
3 cups halved sliced cherry Tomatoes
1 cup soaked and rinsed black kidney Beans
1 chopped yellow bell Pepper
1 medium chopped red Onion
1 peeled and chopped Avocado
3/4 cup Corn kernels
1/2 cup sliced green Olives
1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh Cilantro
|1/2 cup fresh Yogurt
2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely chopped green Onions
1/2 cup your favorite mild Salsa
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
a pinch of Salt, according to taste
1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Take a blender jar then put all the dressing ingredients into it and then blend it nicely to get a smooth texture. And keep aside.
- For layering preparation we need a medium size glass salad bowl, now arrange a thin layer of romaine lettuce at the bottom. Put some black kidney beans over the lettuce. Now add chopped red onions over this layer, then a layer of sliced olives, next layer is of corn, then sliced avocados, chopped yellow bell peppers, and finally at top some cherry tomatoes.
- Now, sprinkle some herbs over the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Then add the creamy salsa dressing over the fully prepared salad.
- And serve immediately.
Recipe 2. Fresh Fruit Marinated Skewers
- 1 cup diced Apple
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup diced Watermelon
- 1 cup red Grapes
- 1 cup diced Muskmelon
- 1 cup diced Kiwifruit
- 1 cup diced Pear
- 1 cup thick sliced Bananas
- 1 cup diced Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon fresh Lemon juice
- First of all take a bowl put honey and lemon juice into it. Mix them well.
- Now add all fresh diced fruits to the bowl. Toss them nicely with the marinated mixture.
- Then leave this mixture for about 2 hours. After 2 hrs place all the fruit alternately on skewer sticks.
- Brush them with remaining marinade and then place it for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Now serve along with yogurt dip.
Recipe 3. Banana Almond Oatmeal Smoothie
- Two fresh Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Oatmeal
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 cup fresh Yogurt
- A handful of Walnuts kernels
- A pinch of Nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grounded Cinnamon powder
- Take a blender jar put all the ingredients into it except walnut. Blend them to get a smooth texture
- Now take a glass pour this mixture then add some crushed walnuts at the top and some extra honey for flavor.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
Recipe 4. Mojito Green Juice
- 1 green or red Apples
- 1 Pear
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/3 Avocado
- 1 Kale leave
- 1 baby Carrot
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Some fresh Ginger julienne
- A handful of fresh mint
- a pinch of Rocksalt
- 1 cup of filtered water if needed
- Take a blender jar put all the ingredients into the jar.
- Give it a nice turn to make a smooth texture. You can also add little bit of water if needed.
- Then strain the resultant with cheesecloth. Now separate the fresh juice from the pulp.
- Pour it into a nice glass sprinkle some rocksalt.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe 5. Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Balls
- 1/4 cup rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup dark Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Coconut
- 4 tablespoon Maple syrup
- Whisk all ingredients together except coconut and almonds to use for coating balls in a food processor until well combined to form a thick paste.
- Take a bowl put all the mixture to it. Now by using your hand roll this mixture in the palm for making a small size ball.
- Then spread some chopped almonds and coconut on a plate. Roll each balls into this plate.
- Now refrigerate them for a couple of hours.
- Then enjoy eating.
- These balls can be easily kept for about a week in an airtight container in fridge.