What Is A High Protein Diet?
Protein is one of the most essential nutrients for healthy weight loss program. It is the main components for building blocks of bones, muscles, skin and organs of the body. A Diet which is low in fat and high in protein can be considered to be the most effective diet plan for losing weight in a very easy, quick and healthy manner. A High Protein Diet can be defined as the consumption of low carbohydrates food and getting 30% of daily calories from the protein macro-nutrients for the nutritional system of the body. This High Protein Diet helps in boost up the metabolic rate of the body, changes several weight-regulating hormones and also reduces appetite.
What Meals Are High In Protein?
A High Protein Diet the key component of dieting plan that increases the consumption of proteins intakes in daily life. Here are certain ingredients that are really essential for High Protein Diet recipes.
- Eggs- It contains 13 grams of proteins
- Black Beans- It contains 18 grams of high proteins
- Tofu- It contains 9 grams of high quality protein
- Oats- It contains 13 grams of proteins per 100 gms
- Quinoa- It contains 8 grams of proteins
- Yogurt- It contains 10 grams of proteins per 100 gms
- Tuna Fish- It contains 30 grams of proteins per 100 gms
- Broccoli- It contains 3 grams high protein
- Almonds- It contains 6 grams of proteins
- Lentils- It contains 18 grams high quality protein.
What Are High Protein Foods For Weight Loss?
The High Protein Diet helps in total weight loss program by acting as a catalyst by burning extra fat from the body. The protein intakes are directly proportional to the the physical activities done the body. Here some best high protein foods that are helpful in weight loss are mentioned as below:
- Dairy Milk Products- Eating low-fat dairy products is the excellent source of high quality proteins, vitamins and minerals for the healthy bones of the body. It is the perfect way to meet the daily protein needs for every vegetarians. It contains 1.6 gms of proteins and 16 other essential nutrients for the healthy body.
- Seeds And Nuts- Consuming different kinds of seeds and nuts are considered to be the rich sources of proteins, anti-oxidants, omega-3 and some amount of healthy dietary fibers. It contains about 3.3-6 gms of proteins that provides sufficient amount of energy needed by the healthy body.
- Beans and Legumes- The beans and legumes are also major sources of proteins, iron, fiber and potassium. They are low in cholesterol and saturated fats which are really helpful in great weight loss.
- Poultry and Meat Products- Eggs, meat, fishes are good in protein contents. They are also great sources of omega-3 fatty acids that helps the body in boosting up the immunity power, improving overall health benefits and also many body functionalities.
What are the best way to take Protein diet?
|Breakfast||1 Smoothie – Oatmeal, cocoa powder, banana, flaxseeds and almond milk
2 egg whites + ½ cup fresh fruit + 6 soaked almonds
|Lunch||1 Tuna or tofu salad with olive oil dressing
1 cup mixed lentils soup
|Snacks||1 cup green tea + 15 seeds or nuts|
|Dinner||1 Mushroom and vegetable soup
1 Grilled fish or chicken with sauted veggies
How Do High Protein Diets Work?
Many of the people believes that a high protein diet is only essential in building massive muscles. But according to several dietitians eating a high protein diet is also helpful in losing the excessive weight from the body, because it eating more proteins helps intaking of few calories automatically. Proteins are having many healthy benefits such as it can regulates the hunger hormones and feels you fuller that helps in eating less whole day. Eating more proteins may improves the body compositions and turns your body into a fat burning machines. The nutrients which are present in proteins are not really helpful in shedding kilos of weight, but also helps in burning stubborn belly fat. It can even increases the stamina, building stronger bones, strengthens the muscles, boost up the metabolism rate, repairs the body tissues and also helps in burning up the extra calories of the body.
Are High Protein Diets Safe?
Nowadays a high proteins diet is a very popular method to lose weight. It is adapted by many of the people in the world just because of its enormous healthy benefits on temporary basis. Some of them are given below:
- Proteins are essential nutrients for rebuilding all the cells of the body that helps in growing healthy hairs, bones, nails, skin and blood cells. It is also needed for some important chemical production of hormones and enzymes.
- Its major benefits is to provide healthy weight loss because it can leaves the person feeling fuller for longer period.
- Consumption of high proteins also promotes the growth and maintenance of massive muscles of the body which is good for body builders.
- Eating proteins helps in burning excessive fats and calories from the body.
But there are some drawbacks if any one takes a high protein diet in a very excessive amount in its daily life routine and on permanent basis. Few are as mentioned below:
- High protein Meat products are also high in animal fats which are causes of many types of cancers and heart diseases.
- It is not beneficial to long term solution for obesity.
- High proteins diets are high in unhealthy saturated fats that causes irritability, constipation and headaches.
Is Protein Good To Lose Weight?
Protein is the most easiest, simplest and delicious way to lose excessive weight from the body. It is considered to be the most important and essential macro- nutrients needed by the body. It helps in providing a strong immune system, regulates blood sugar levels, reduces appetite and also contributes in satiety as well as satisfaction. Adding a hight protein diet recipes to your weight loss program can be the most effective and powerful tool for losing more weight. It may replaces meals and provides a convenient way in reduction of total calorie intakes, increases metabolism that helps in fat burning, fulfills all the nutritional needs of the body. A high protein diet enables you to lose weight without losing muscles and the skin tone of the body.
Easy To Cook Some High Protein Diet Recipes
Recipe 1. White Bean Salad
- 450 gm canned white Beans
- 1 chopped red Bell Pepper
- 4 sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 diced red Onion
- few finely chopped fresh Parsley
- a hand full roughly chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- a pinch of freshly grounded Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- First of all wash and drain the white beans nicely.
- Then take a bowl and put some diced onion and red bell pepper which is cut into small pieces.
- Now cut the dried tomatoes into thin, small strips.
- Then add fresh parsley and cilantro to the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and finish it up with some salt and pepper according to taste.
Recipe 2. Protein Packed Chilly
- 1 cup red Kidney Bean
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Corns
- 1 cup Pinto Bean
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 roughly chopped red Bell Pepper
- 1 chopped Jalapeño Chilly
- 4 diced Tomatoes
- 1 canned crushed Tomatoes
- 8 cloves mined Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 4 tablespoons Chilly powder
- ½ tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Salt as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper as per taste
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ Avocado for garnishing
- First of all soak all the beans in water for overnight. Then wash them nicely and drain all water and put aside.
- Take a large stockpot and over medium heat add oil to the pot. Now put some garlic and onion then sauté until it get translucent.
- Then add water, kidney beans, corns, Quinoa, black beans, pinto beans, vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Now add Jalapeño chilly, cumin, chilly powder, cayenne pepper, fresh pepper powder and salt.
- Then cover a lid and reduce to a slow flame for about 25-30 minutes.
- Add dried oregano, fresh lime juice and finely chopped cilantro then cover it again on low flame for about more 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes. Serve topped with avocado and cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Recipe 3. Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 1 pound raw, cleaned and deveined medium sized Shrimps
- ½ chopped red Bell Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Curry powder
- ¼ cup fresh Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground Black Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin Coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon raw Honey (optional)
- a hand full freshly chopped Cilantro for garnishing
- Take a small bowl and put some curry powder, ginger-garlic paste, coconut milk, honey, lime juice mix well. Keep it aside.
- Now season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Now take a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add some coconut oil.
- Then put bell pepper and shrimp stir frequently and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Now add coconut milk mixture to the skillet. Let it boil nicely.
- Now reduce the heat to low flame and gently boil for another 5 minutes, or until sauce get thickened and shrimps get is cooked nicely.
- Then garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Sever hot with Brown Rice.
Recipe 4. Grilled Herb Chicken Breast with Honey and Asparagus
- 1/2 pound skinless Chicken breast
- 4 boiled and sliced potatoes
- 10 ml Red wine
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 30 ml Brown sauce
- 2 tablespoon raw Honey
- A pinch of Black Pepper powder
- A pinch of Rosemary
- A pinch of Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Take a pan for boiling water then blanch the potatoes and asparagus for about 2-3 minutes. Then drain it well and keep it aside.
- Now take another large bowl put some thyme, rosemary, honey, lemon juice, black pepper powder, salt and whisk together nicely.
- Then put the chicken breast with the sauce in a bowl and marinate it for 15 minutes.
- Now nicely grill the chicken over medium heat for about 6 -7 minutes both the sides until thyey are cooked throughly.
- Ocassionally brush the chicken breast with the leftover marinade.
- Also grill sliced potatos and asparagus until they get tender and crisp.
- Now serve chicken breast with grilled asparagus and potatoes.
Recipe 5. Quinoa Lentil Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup soaked Quinoa
- 1 Cup Lentils
- ½ cup Cauliflower
- 2-3 Baby carrots
- ½ cup Asparagus
- 1 Cup Pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup Broccoli
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- Freshly chopped Coriander
- For the dressing:
- 1 cup Mosambi juice
- 4-6 Basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 choppedGreen chilli
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Lemon grass
- Take a large bowl put some water, salt then par-blanch the vegetables for about 45 seconds.
- Then drain all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Now take another bowl add soaked quinoa, lentils, blanched vegetables, pomegranate seeds, chopped spring onions and coriander to it. And mix them well.
- Prepare the dressing:
- Take a bowl add fresh mosambi juice, chopped green chilli, few mustard, basil leaves, lemon grass and some olive oil to it. Mix it well then add it to the quinoa salad.
- Now put some salad on the serving plate with the dressing.
- Then garnish it with some fresh corienders and sunflower sprouts and Serve.